Mini Taco Bowl Appetizer
Made this recipe up on the fly. Its fairly quick and easy to make. The Tostitos Scoops make great little tortilla shell bowls that are then stuffed with seasoned meat and rice mixture then topped with shredded cheddar! The size of the snack creates the perfect Mini Taco Bowl Appetizer!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- Can of Diced Hot Chili’s
- 6 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning (See Below)
- 1 packet Sazón or Make your own (See Below)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup White Rice
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Bag Tostitos Multi Grain Scoops
In a 12″ skillet over med/high heat oil pan with olive oil. Add 4 minced cloves of garlic Diced Hot Chilis and onion simmer for about 1 minute. Add ground turkey and break apart. Add Taco Seasoning and half the packet of Sazón Spreading evenly. Mix into meat cover and brown.
In a Sauce Pan bring chicken broth with remaining Sazón and Minced Garlic Cloves to a boil. Add rice set heat on low and cover for 12 minuted or till rice is cooked tender and no standing moisture remains. In a blown mix meat and rice together and let stand and cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once cooled using the Tostitos Multi Grain scoops pick out ones that are not broken.
Fill with the meat and rice mixture and top with grated cheddar cheese. Heat in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Plate and serve. You can add a dip such as salsa or sour cream.
Taco Seasoning Recipe:
In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, toasted then ground
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, toasted then ground
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon achiote seeds
Mix ingredients together well and use 1.5 teaspoons for each packet of the Goya Sazón your recipe calls for.